Overview of ISO 28000
ISO 28000 Security Management helps to manage and improve the security of supply chains. These security aspects include, but are not limited to, financing, manufacturing, information management and the facilities for packing, storing and transferring goods between modes of transport and locations. These other aspects should be considered directly, where and when they have an impact on security management, including transporting these goods along the supply chain.
ISO 28000 standard requires the organisation to assess its security needs, determine if adequate security measures are in place and if there are any regulatory requirements that the organisation needs to comply to. These considerations will help determine the policies, objectives and controls to be applied within the supply chain.
A formal approach to security management can contribute directly to the business capability and credibility of the organisation, as well as provide assurance of a secure supply chain.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 28000
- assure itself of a secure supply chain and in this, address a very real and costly business risk to the organisation
- fulfil one of the conditions of supply
- gain customer recognition and approval and open doors to the worldwide markets
- and ultimately, gain in customer satisfaction and retention
ISO 28000 Training Programmes
- Understanding ISO 28000 Security Management System
- Supply Chain Internal Auditor Training