Overview of ISO 45001
Organizations can better address Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) concerns in a more orderly and consistent manner with the implementation of an OH&S management system. The ISO 45001 provides a framework for managing OH&S risks and opportunities. The intended outcomes of the OH&S management system are to prevent work-related injury and ill health to workers and to provide safe and healthy workplaces.
ISO 45001 is released on 12 March 2018 and it replaces OHSAS 18001 standard. In this updated international OH&S management system, the new requirements are aligned to Annex SL (a section of the ISO/IEC Directives part 1 to provide a universal high-level structure, identical core text, and common terms and definitions for all management system standards) with the aim to enhance the consistency and alignment of management system standards. This will allow seamless integration with other management systems standards and business process.
With the ISO 45001 OH&S management system, an organization is able to eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks by taking effective preventive and protective measures. These measures are applied to improve OH&S performance and moving towards achieving organizations’ OH&S policies and objectives.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 45001
ISO 45001 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organization would enjoy the following:
- increased awareness of risks and consequences and in this, better compliance
- a safer workplace and reduced insurance claims and premiums, plus loss time costs
- reduced legal liability by showing due diligence and better management of risks
- attract and retain talent by showing that the Organization cares for their well being
- have a better corporate image in the eyes of regulators, customers, employees as well as the society at large
ISO 45001 Training Programmes
- ISO 45001:2018 Interpretation
- Occupational Health and Safety Risk Assessment (Based on ISO 45001:2018)
- Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Auditor / Lead Auditor Training Course (IRCA Certification Number A17436)