Oil & Gas - ISO / TS 29001
Management System > Standards / Industry Specific Management System Standards / ISO/TS 29001
Overview of ISO/TS 29001
ISO/TS 29001 is the next step in the evolution of this important sector-specific standard. Inputs from various sectors of the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas sectors were sourced and evaluated by a dedicated group of experts representing all stakeholders, including end users, manufacturers and service providers. The result of this effort has resulted in a document that addresses the unique needs of the industry and is poised to gain international acceptance as the quality management system for the industry.
ISO/TS 29001 serves as a common basis for the oil and gas industry’s quality management system requirements worldwide and helps the industry avoid multiple certification audits. This technical specification for implementing ISO 9001 quality management system is the result of collaboration between ISO and the international oil and gas industry, i.e. the American Petroleum Institute (API). The standard includes :-
1. the reduction of risk
2. inclusion of industry specific needs
3. compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
4. increased confidence in supplier products and processes
Oil and gas industry players mainly manufacturers of oil industry equipment and materials, service providers (contractors, consultants etc.) and purchasers of equipment, materials and services can enhance their client’s satisfaction by applying this standard into their business model.
Benefits of Implementing ISO/TS 29001
- Provides a common approach to a quality management system for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries
- Provides for continual improvement, emphasising defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the supply chain and service providers
- Availability of a set of consistent and well-defined procedures
- Greater quality awareness amongst employees
- Reduction of customer complaints
- Retains and increases market share
- Offers a transparent system with a plan-do-check-act approach that drives improvements
ISO/TS 29001 Training Programmes
- Understanding, Documenting & Implementing An ISO/TS 29001 QMS for Oil & Gas Industry [Learn More]
- ISO/TS 29001 Internal Auditing
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)