Environmental - ISO 14001
Management System > Standards / General Management System Standards / Environmental - ISO 14001
Overview of ISO 14001
ISO 14000 is a series of international standards on environmental management. One of the series of standards is ISO 14001, an internationally accepted specification for an Environmental Management System (EMS). It specifies requirements for establishing an environmental policy, determining the environmental aspects and impacts, planning the environmental objectives and targets, implementation and operation of programmes to meet them, checking, corrective action and management review. Compliance to environmental regulation is also an element that is addressed in the standard.
Another commonly known document within the series is ISO 14004 which provides guidelines on the development and implementation of an EMS.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 14001
ISO 14001 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organisation would enjoy the following:
- improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
- improved perception and understanding of key environmental issues by all within the organisation
- a framework for continuous improvement of the organisation’s environmental performance and an improved ability to comply with regulatory requirements
- measures taken to generate less waste will lead to reduced product, material handling and waste disposal costs that can be ploughed back into the business
- increased efficiency and better use of energy and raw materials will invariably lead to savings and a more profitable business
- a strong environmental image can help to attract environmentally conscious customers and in this, expand market share
- increased awareness and environmentally conscious actions will lead to betterment of the environment for the community and the nation at large.
ISO 14001 Training Programmes
- Understanding, Documenting & Implementing An ISO 14001 EMS
- EMS Internal Auditing
- Environmental Management Systems Auditor / Lead Auditor Training Course
(IRCA Certification Number A17400)
- Environmental Management Systems Auditor Conversion Training Course
(IRCA Certification Number 17401)
- Environmental Laws
- Scheduled Waste Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
.... more training programmes are available here
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)