Information Security - ISO/IEC 27001
Management System > Standards / General Management System Standards / Information Security - ISO/IEC 27001
Overview of ISO/IEC 27001
A key concern for today’s companies that increasingly rely on the information system is how to manage the information and see to its protection. The ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) standard addresses this very concern and covers the preservation of confidentiality and ensuring the integrity and availability of information.
The ISO/IEC 27001 standard will help to address the all-too common and often devastating business impacts such as glitches due to viruses, loss of information, improper disclosure and inability to retrieve information.
Benefits of Implementing ISO/IEC 27001
ISO/IEC 27001 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organisation would enjoy the following:
- a systematic approach to control its information system and well defined procedures and supporting documentation
- the means to manage a key business risk and assure business continuity
- correspondingly, a reduced number of information security glitches and breaches
- attract and retain technical specialists in this field
- and ultimately, improved confidence both internally and externally in the integrity and security of its information management
ISO/IEC 27001 Training Programmes
- Understanding, Documenting & Implementing ISO/IEC 27001
- ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditing
- Risk Assessment & Management for ISO/IEC 27001
.... more training programmes are available here
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)