Laboratory - ISO/IEC 17025
Management System > Standards / General Management System Standards / Laboratory - ISO 17025
Overview of ISO/IEC 17025
ISO/IEC 17025 is a global standard for the technical competence of calibration and testing laboratories. It requires laboratories to demonstrate that they operate a quality system covering processes, documentation and management, and that they generate technically valid results.
The ISO/IEC 17025 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories contains all of the requirements that testing and calibration laboratories need to demonstrate to customers and regulators that they operate a sound management system and is an especially useful tool to gain the confidence of customers.
Benefits of Implementing ISO/IEC 17025
ISO/IEC 17025 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organisation would enjoy the following:
- a systematic approach to control all its processes and well defined procedures and supporting documentation
- achieve international recognition of its technical competence
- gain the confidence of customers and interested parties, as well as open doors to new markets both locally and abroad
- greater quality awareness amongst employees and reduced defects, scraps, rework, failures and service recovery
- have a better corporate image in the eyes of regulators, customers, employees as well as the society at large
ISO/IEC 17025 Training Programmes
- Understanding ISO/IEC 17025 Requirements
- ISO/IEC 17025 Internal Auditing
.... more training programmes are available here
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions