Quality - ISO 9001
Management System > Standards / General Management System Standards / Quality - ISO 9001
Overview of ISO 9001
Customers are becoming more sophisticated, better informed and their expectations are growing. Any business that wants to stay in business has to keep up by offering quality products and services as well as providing assurance of this commitment. Organisations can demonstrate this and secure themselves a future through an ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) certification.
This standard is recognised worldwide in more than 140 countries and belongs to the ISO 9000 series of standards. The ISO 9000 series is amongst the International Organisation for Standardisation’s (ISO) most widely known and used standards.
ISO 9001 has been designed to be a ‘generic’ management system standard, applicable for organisations of any size and type. Thus, it is widely accepted and adopted by manufacturing and service organisations, non-profit organisations, and even governmental departments the world over. The ISO 9001 provides an effective framework for any quality conscious organisation that would like to consistently provide products and services that meet their customers’ requirements; and continually improve on their products, processes and system to enhance satisfaction.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 9001
ISO 9001 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organisation would enjoy the following:
- a systematic approach to control all its processes and well defined procedures and supporting documentation
- greater transparency and consistency in its output
- an established plan-do-check-act approach that drives improvements
- greater quality awareness amongst employees and reduced defects, scraps, rework, failures and service recovery
- the means to assure a sound quality management system by having a third party certification that is recognised worldwide
- correspondingly, a reduced need for multiple second party audits
- and ultimately, a reduction in customer complaints, retention of customers and an increase in its ability to penetrate new markets and increase its market share
ISO 9001 Training Programmes
- Understanding, Documenting & Implementing An ISO 9001 QMS
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditing
- Quality Management Systems Auditor / Lead Auditor Training Course (IRCA Certification Number A17399)
- Effective Implementation of Document Control System
- Quality Management Representative (QMR) Skills Training
.... more training programmes are available here
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)