Aerospace - AS 9100
Management System > Standards / Industry Specific Management System Standards / Aerospace - AS 9100
Overview of AS 9100
AS 9100 is the US version of a globally harmonised quality management system standard for aerospace industries. It is based on the international Quality Management System (QMS) standard, ISO 9001. It supplements ISO 9001 by focusing on the unique, complex, and highly regulated nature of the aerospace industry. Specifically, it emphasises the critical aspects of key characteristics and the need to satisfy internal, governmental and regulatory requirements. Other equivalent versions of this standard are coded as EN 9100 in Europe and JIS Q 9100 in Japan. The International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) publishes these standards.
Benefits of Implementing AS 9100
AS 9100 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organisation would enjoy the following:
- fulfil one of the conditions of supply
- gain customer recognition and approval and open doors to the worldwide markets
- meet regulatory requirements, as well as the industry's expectations
- have lower production costs because of fewer nonconforming products, less rework, lower reject rates, streamlined processes and fewer mistakes
- and ultimately, a reduction in customer complaints and retention of customers
AS 9100 Training Programmes
- Understanding AS 9100 QMS Requirements
- AS 9100 Internal Auditing
.... more training programmes are available here
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)