Automotive - ISO/TS 16949
Management System > Standards / Industry Specific Management System Standards / Automotive - ISO/TS 16949
Overview of ISO/TS 16949
ISO/TS 16949 is an ISO Technical Specification that specifies the quality system requirements for the design/development, production, and where relevant, installation and servicing of automotive-related products. The standard aims to align the existing automotive quality system requirements within the global automotive industry.
ISO/TS 16949 was written by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) that consisted of participating members like BMW, DaimlerChrysler, Fiat, Ford Motor Company, General Motors (including Opel Vauxhall), PSA Peugeot - Citroen, Renault SA, Volkswagen and trade associations such as AIAG (US), ANFIA (Italy), FIEV (France), SMMT (UK) and VDA (Germany). Because of this, the ISO/TS 16949 certification is accepted by IATF - participating members as the international equivalent of QS 9000, AVSQ, EAQF, and VDA 6.1.
Benefits of Implementing ISO/TS 16949
ISO/TS 16949 provides uncountable benefits - both tangible and intangible. A typical organisation would enjoy the following:
- fulfil one of the conditions of supply to some of the major automotive makers
- gain customer recognition and approval and open doors to the worldwide markets
- have a systematic approach to control all its processes and proven methods that will help to improve product quality levels
- greater transparency and consistency in its output
- and ultimately, a reduction in customer complaints and retention of customers
ISO/TS 16949 Training Programmes
- ISO/TS 16949 Awareness
- ISO/TS 16949 Internal Auditing
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 Lead Auditor Training for First and Second Party Auditors Certification
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 Lead Auditor Re-qualification Training for First and Second Party Auditors
.... more training programmes are available here
Looking for consulting services?
Neville Clarke's consultancy services are designed to maximise benefits, provide cost effective and customer-focused solutions. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)