A growing body of information indicates that organizations that integrate their Environmental Management System (EMS), Occupational Health & Safety Management System (OH&SMS) and Quality Management Systems (QMS) can realize significant benefits such as streamlined operations and decision-making, simplified documentation, more efficient use of resources, reduction in audit costs and greater cohesiveness.
This course advocates an integrated approach to minimize disruptions to operations, as well as a process-based approach that is especially helpful in identifying weak links between processes and opportunities for improvement. Moreover, the world's first integrated management requirements ie PAS 99 by the British Standards Institution (BSI) has been designed into the course.
This training will provide delegates:
• the competencies necessary to conduct an integrated management systems (IMS) audit based on PAS 99 and the management system standards i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001;
• knowledge and practical skills necessary to conduct an integrated, process-based audit; and
• an understanding of auditing protocols and practice based on ISO 19011.
Who Must Attend
This training is ideal for individuals who have been involved in the development and/or implementation of their organizations? integrated management systems and would like to proceed further into assessment of their system. It is suitable for all functions and levels, whether new to auditing, or would like to understand the integrated or process-approach to auditing. This includes:
• those tasked to carry out internal audits
• those organising the internal audit programme for their integrated management system
• those tasked to train or guide other internal auditors.
It is recommended that participants have knowledge of the mentioned standards i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and/or OHSAS 18001 prior to attendance of this course.
The course covers tutorials, discussions, case study and facilitated activities on the following:
• Introduction to IMS Auditing
• Overview of Auditing
• A Value Added Auditor
• Initiate the Audit Programme
• Risk Assessment
• Conducting the Document Review
• Audit Planning
• Process Approach to Auditing