Auditors, especially those who can conduct second or third party audits, and assess the adequacy of various management systems are much sought after in the corporate world. This training shall provide participants with the knowledge and experience needed to fulfill their role as a competent Auditor/Lead Auditor of Environmental Management Systems (EMS). As a course certified by the international body, International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA), participants can be assured of international recognition of their competency and fulfilment of the training requirements for certification of individual auditors under the IRCA EMS Auditor Certification Schemes.
It will enable participants to demonstrate their capability in :
• setting up audits
• carrying out system audits
• reporting the findings
• leading and managing the team
• identifying and achieving the audit objectives
• recognizing/resolving difficulties in audits.
Participants would be able to:-
• Apply their skills in a one-day on-site LIVE AUDIT of a company.
• Participate in the preparation, discussion and practice of actual audits
• Apply the same audit skills as per external auditors
• Lead and manage audits (including both 2nd / 3rd party audit).
Team Lead or Audit Managers managing an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) audit, environmental professionals who would like to sharpen their skills in first, second or third party audits, as well as audit professionals who want to extend their audit skills in the arena of EMS.
It is recommended that participants be familiar with the ISO 14001 requirements and documentation and have some auditing experience prior to attending this course.
• Environmental Issues and Standards
• Audits and The Audit Lifecycle
• Role of The Auditor and Lead Auditor
• Interpretation of ISO 14001:2004
• Introduction to Case Study
• Planning the Audit
• Documented Environmental Systems & System Audit
• Process Based Auditing
• The Live Audit and Evening Assignments
• Audit Plan
• The Opening Meeting
• Auditor Skills and Techniques
• Conducting The Audit
• Reporting the Audit, Assessing Corrective Action
• The Closing Meeting
• The Audit Report
• Surveillance Audit
• International Registration Scheme for Certificated Auditors
• Closing Meeting Re-run
• Course Review
This is a five-day course running from 9.00am to 6.30pm on Day 1 to Day 3. On Day 4, there will be a LIVE AUDIT from 9.00 am 5.00 pm. Day 5 resumes at 9.00am to 5.00pm with a two-hour examination (optional). Full attendance for all 5 days is compulsory.