Internal auditing is fundamental to all management system standards as it is the means to establish compliance, as well as verify the suitability and effectiveness of the system. A process-based approach advocates assessment of the inputs, outputs and control within a process, as well as its interactions with other processes, and is especially helpful in identifying weak links between processes and opportunities for continual improvement.
This course provides delegates with an understanding of process based auditing, as well as the specifics on how to audit for effectiveness and compliance to the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System standard.
To provide delegates with:
• basic understanding of auditing protocols and the audit process based on the ISO 19011 guidelines for quality and environmental auditing
• practical knowledge and skills necessary to conduct an internal audit using a process based approach
• the competencies necessary to conduct an audit of an ISO 9001 quality management system.
The training is activity-based and includes live audit or case study. The course contents have been developed in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for auditing management systems.
• Overview of ISO 9000 Series & Quality Definitions
• Overview of Auditing
• Process Based Auditing
• Audit Preparation
• Opening Meeting
• Conducting the Audit
• Reporting the Findings
• Closing Meeting
Upon completion of the training, delegates will able to: -
• Have the confidence to perform their role as auditors from planning to reporting and follow-up
• Improve their performance as internal auditors with the ability to apply process based auditing
• Add value to their organization by auditing for compliance to the ISO 9001:2008 requirements, as well as for effectiveness and continual improvement of their quality management system.
This training is equally suitable for all functions and levels, including those who are new to auditing, or would like to understand and improve understanding of process based auditing. This shall include those who are:
• Assigned to perform the internal audits
• Appointed to organize the audit programme
• Tasked to guide other internal auditors in their organization’s internal audit team.
In line with the intention of process based auditing, it is recommended for organizations to send a team from various functions and levels to enable the development of an effective audit team.
All Neville Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirements of your industry.
This is a two-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
HRDF Scheme : SBL Scheme
Other related courses
It is recommended that delegates have knowledge of the ISO 9001:2008 standards prior to attendance. Do attend QMS02-Understanding, Documenting & Implementing an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System before hand.