This practical course helps you get started on ensuring compliance to Malaysia’s Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Law, as well as the international Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard - OHSAS 18001.
How are you able to assure that your organization has a safe system of work and harm if any, is recognized, contained, eliminated and/or minimized?
Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control (HIRAC) are the starting point whereby potential harm or danger is uncovered, and its magnitude and risk analysed, so that the appropriate controls can be taken. It provides surety of compliance to legal, as well as management system requirements.
This programme aims to help delegates :
• To understand the concept of risk assessment
• To be able to identify occupational health and safety hazards
• To be able to use qualitative methodology of risk assessment
• To be able to recommend practical control measures.
• Overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System
• HIRAC – definitions and concepts
• Process of HIRAC
• Hazard identification tools
• Types of hazards with prompt lists
• Risk assessment
o Risk rating formula
• Analyzing risk
o Likelihood consideration
o Severity consideration
• Evaluation of risk based on existing control measures
o Personal Protective Equipment
o Risk category summation
• Risk control approach
o Risk control hierarchy
o Objectives setting
Upon completion of this programme, delegates are able to:
• classify the activities in their organizations
• conduct risk assessment for all activities in their organizations
• recommend the best solutions to address significant and/or intolerable risks that exist
• use the HIRAC process to develop safe systems of work.
This is a practical and compact course specially designed to meet the needs of safety and health committee members, working teams for OHSAS 18001 management system compliance and all interested functions and levels.
All Neville-Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
This is a one day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
HRDF Scheme: SBL Scheme