The growing importance of environmental management is reflected in its inclusion in business agendas as news reports engender awareness, and public concern drives private enterprises to revisit their business practices.
The international standard ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System provides an excellent model for creating a practical and effective environmental management system for any type of organisation.
This two-day training addresses environmental management as a dimension of business commitment to environment in its broadest sense. It introduces the basic principles of environmental management and the way in which environmental performance can be controlled and continuously improved within the framework of the ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System standard.
Upon completion of the training, delegates will be able to:
• understand the concepts of environmental management and its importance business operations;
• understand the requirements of ISO 14001:2004 standard through detailed analysis of Environmental Management
System; establish, implement and maintain an ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System.
Suitable for those who are tasked with the development of an environmental management system, as well as those implementing and maintaining it. This may include members of ISO 14001 Working Committee, Purchasing Managers, Quality Managers / Directors, Environmental Engineers, Technical Specialists and Works / Maintenance Managers.
• Global and local environmental problems
• What is Environmental Management System (EMS)?
• Environmental Management System Requirements
– General Requirements
– Environmental Policy
– Implementation and Operation
– Management Review
• Documenting and Implementation of an ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System
– Setting up the EMS Milestone
– Conducting Initial Environmental Review (IER)
– Strategic Planning
– EMS Performance Evaluation
– Management Review
HRDF Scheme : SBL Scheme