An Environmental Management System (EMS) is part of an organisation’s management system used to develop and implement its environmental policy and manage its environmental aspects.
The environmental performance of an organization may be assessed from measurable results obtained through its management of its environmental aspects. Environmental aspects identification is one of the main elements as well as the foundation for an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
This course will help you identify significant environmental impact as a basis for establishing improvement programmes to prevent pollution, minimize waste, boost productivity, as well as to kick-off an environmental management system.
This training aims to provide delegates:
• practical approaches to identify the environmental aspects of their company’s activities, products and services,
• the methodology for determining potentially significant environmental aspects and impacts.
Upon completion of the training, delegates will be able to:
• know the importance of carrying out environmental aspects identification and impacts assessment; and
• understand the methodology for environmental impacts assessment that can be adapted into their specific company
This course will be equally beneficial for managers, engineers, executives and ISO 14001 EMS Working Committee members, including subcontractors and any personnel in your organization who are involved in environment management.
– ISO 14001 Requirements.
– What is an Environment Impact?
– Direct and Indirect Impacts.
• Assessing Environmental Impacts
– Process Assessment.
– Product Assessment.
– Examples of Environmental Impacts
• Risk Based Approaches
– Concept of Risk
– The Risk Assessment Process.
– Model for Assessing Environmental Impacts
HRDF Scheme : SBL Scheme