The ever-increasing interest amongst consumers, pressure groups, retailers and enforcement authorities in the conditions and practices of food preparation and distribution, increases the need for the food industry to operate with clearly defined policies and principles. Hence, the importance and necessity for GMP to all in the Food & Beverage Industry.
GMP addresses the provisions to ensure that food is safe and has been prepared, packed and stored under hygienic conditions. It is also a pre-requisite program for the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point System for Food Safety, commonly known as HACCP. In the event of customer complaint or a legal case, evidence of an effective GMP would present a strong point that due diligence has been exercised.
This course is a MUST for all in the food industry as it provides an overview of what GMP entails as well as practical know-how on how to get started.
This course will provide participants with an in-depth understanding of:
• The requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for the Food & Beverage Industry.
• The practical aspects of establishing and maintaining an effective GMP program in the organisation.
Delegates will also be guided on how to develop a food safety program that will meet regulatory and customer expectations.
• Introduction to Food Safety
• Food Regulations & Standards
• GMP and Food Safety Program
• Pest Control
• Personnel Practices
• Preparation, Handling and Storage of Food
• Equipment and Facilities Maintenance for Food Safety
• Cleaning Practices and Waste Handling
• Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
• Food Crisis Management
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
• Get started on the application of GMP for their organisations
• Have an awareness of HACCP
• Handle food crisis management.
This course is specially designed for personnel responsible for the food safety program in Food and Beverage companies, including personnel in Quality Assurance, Engineering, Production and Distribution.
It is particularly suitable for personnel involved in the development of HACCP program due to its focus on the fundamentals.
All Neville Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
This is a two-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
HRDF scheme : SBL scheme