The publication of IATF 16949: 2016 has brought with it stringent requirements for auditors to demonstrate their competency, including internal auditors and supplier auditors. This course is developed with this in mind.
This course is sanctioned by IATF as the official training. The training is conducted by a SMMT IF (Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders Industry Forum, UK) approved trainers, using accelerated learning process complemented with realistic case studies and examples, to enhance the learning experience. The participants shall learn from the experts how to deploy the powerful process approach methodology from the planning phase to the closing out of the audit findings. In addition, key technical aspects of automotive core tools such as Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and Statistical Process Control (SPC) shall be covered to ensure participants are able to audit these technical areas effectively and confidently.
The material covered in this training is identical to the IATF16949: 2016 lead auditor training for the certification bodies.
NOTE: Delegates passing the written examinations will receive an IATF16949: 2016 Lead Auditor Certificate for 1st and 2nd Party Auditors underwritten by the UK IATF Oversight Office.
- The only recognized lead auditor course by the automotive industries, developed by SMMT, one of the five IATF approved oversight offices.
- Learn the process approach methodology applied by the certification auditors.
- Learn the specific auditing tools (turtle diagrams).
- Meet the requirement of for auditor competency as specified in customer specific requirement
- Improve and enhance effectiveness of internal audits
- Improved confidence to conduct process approach audit
- Improved credibility of auditors who second party audit (audit of suppliers)
- To better understand and manage the certification audit
- Accelerated learning approach, with hands-on practical sessions, to reinforce concepts presented
- Improved and enhanced management of audits.
- Structure and principles of IATF16949:2016 & ISO9001:2015
The high level structure described within Annex SL including its impact on ISO9001 and IATF16949, the concepts and application of risk based thinking
Audit definitions, Audit types, Audit Process Overview
IATF 16949 Auditor Competence, ISO19011 and IATF Auditor Guide
IATF 16949 Requirements and Customer Specific Requirements (CSR)
How to use the Turtle diagram to plan audits and identify risks
- Auditing Customer Specific Requirements (CSR)
Customer Specific Requirements and how to audit them effectively
An awareness of the Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA,SPC and PPAP) and how to audit them effectively
The approach to planning, undertaking, reporting (including nonconformity writing) and closing audits
- IATF Rules for certification
Rules and IATF Transition process
This course is designed for auditors who performs internal audit and those undertaking 2nd party audits within the automotive supply chain. This training is also suitable for managers who are managing the IATF 16949 Quality Management System.