GREEN BELTS are functional change agents who deliver impactful improvements within their work area using Six Sigma methodology. They also work as a supporting pillar to Black Belts on cross-functional projects across organization.
This 6-day intensive Green Belt Program provides participants with an overview of Six Sigma as well as key concepts associated with building effective project teams. Green Belts receive a subset of the Black Belt curriculum with intermediate-level quality tools within the Six Sigma methodology.
To develop effective practitioners of the Six Sigma methods and tools that are necessary to execute an engineering improvement project. With this knowledge and skills, Green Belts will be able to:
- Work with Black Belts, as a team player, on the identification and subsequent implementation of improvement projects.
- Effectively lead teams to complete improvement projects within their departments.
- Apply Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Control day-to-day quality of their products/services.
Participants will be able to:
- Achieve breakthrough results through the application of the structured DMAIC methodology in solving functional problems.
- Apply quantitative techniques to make effective fact-based decisions.
- Display the linkage between projects and desired departmental goals.
- Lead subject matter experts within the organization to increase functional group efficiency.
- Manage & facilitate improvement project teams within their functional groups.
- Lead & manage change within their functional groups.
- Communicate effectively within the organization.
Phase 1: Define, Measure & Analyze
- What is Six Sigma
- The DMAIC Approach
- Process Mapping
- Data Collection & Graphical Tools
- Descriptive Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Process Capability Study
- Cause & Effect Analysis
- Process Variation Reduction
Phase 2: Analyze, Improve and Control
- Failure Mode & Effect Analysis
- Hypothesis Testing
- Analysis of Variance
- Correlation & Simple Linear Regression
- Solution Identification, Evaluation & Improvement Planning
- Process Control & Standardization
- Variable Control Charts
- Attribute Control Charts
This training is designed for Engineers, Supervisors, Group Leaders, Executives, Officers that need the requisite skills & knowledge in most of the Six Sigma fundamental tools. A subsequent training to move on to would be the Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
Green Belt Certification Requirements
Training (Certificate of Attendance)
- Completion of Green Belt Training with a minimum attendance of 80% per phase.
Certification (Certified Six Sigma Green Belt)
- Completion of Green Belt Training with a minimum attendance of 80% per phase
- Passing the examination with the minimum score of 70% at the end of the training session
- Completion of 1 Six Sigma Green Belt project with reports to be submitted & approved by Neville-Clarke review panel
- Project savings/ benefits achieved to be validated & endorsed by finance/ senior management as real gains for the organization
Each Green Belt candidate will be given a validity period of 6 months from completion of the phase 2 training to complete 1 Six Sigma Green Belt project for certification.
All BSI Neville Clarke tutors are full time. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
6 days (split into 2 phases – subject to the actual scheduling)
**Note: MINITABTM software will be the official software used during the training.