Gain the confidence to effectively audit a FSMS in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques or demonstrate your commitment to food safety by transforming existing auditor skills to ISO 22000. This course will allow you to consolidate your expertise with the latest developments and contribute to the continual improvement of the business.
You’ll grasp the key principles and practices of effective FSMS audits in line with ISO 22000, and ISO 19011 ‘Guidelines for auditing management systems’.
Over five days, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful food safety management systems audit; using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up.
Learn to describe the purpose of a ISO22000 audit and satisfy third party certification as well as grasp the key principles and practices of effective food safety management system audits in accordance with ISO 22000:2018 inclusive of specific audit criteria for:
- ISO 22000:2018 Food safety management systems - Requirements for any organization in the food chain’
- ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 ‘Prerequisite programmes on food safety, Part 1- Food Manufacturing’
Acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a FSMS audit that establishes conformity, enhances food safety compliance, and overall organizational performance.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 22000 audit
- Interpret ISO 22000 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking to products and processes, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
- Meet training requirements for CQI/IRCA certification
- Our high impact accelerated learning approach increases learning by improving knowledge retention and skill application. This course is activity-based, resulting in a deeper understanding of the material and a greater impact on job performance.
Anyone with the need to audit an organization’s FSMS.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 22000 and the key principles of a FSMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 22000:2018 Requirements course. It will also help if you have attended an internal or lead auditor course or have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
We also recommend a prior knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a ISO 22000:2018 Requirements course