Does your organization need a solution that can prevent errors and defects from occurring?
CATCH THE ERROR FOR ZERO DEFECT REALIZATION!
Poka Yoke, or error-proofing has gained popularity in recent years because organizations have discovered that defects are better off “prevented” rather than “detected.”
Shigeo Shingo is credited with creating the concept of zero defect and the techniques of Poka-Yoke, the Japanese term for error-proofing or mistake-proofing. The approach seeks to remove the causes of defects; or when this is impossible, to inspect each item in an inexpensive manner to ensure that it passes the quality threshold - with no defects.
This compact course will help participants to get started on developing and implementing an error-proofing system for their organizations.
Special note to Automotive Industry Manufacturers: As per the IATF 16949:2016 requirements clause 10.2.4, organizations that intend to be certified to IATF 16949:2016 are required to practice error-proofing and apply error-proofing devices. Therefore, this programme provides a good foundation into the understanding of the error proofing concept and how it is applied to comply to the requirements of the standard.
- To identify the functions, characteristics and advantages of a Poka-Yoke methodology
- To distinguish the differences between a Poka Yoke system and an inspection system.
- To identify where Poka-Yoke can be used and implemented effectively in the organization
- To provide the roadmap for the implementation of a Zero Defect Quality (ZDQ) System.
Upon completion of the training, participants are able to :
- understand the Poke Yoke concepts.
- appreciate and understand how to use Poka Yoke to achieve zero defect quality in an organization.
- integrate the Poka Yoke methodology into corrective action and preventive action.
This course is designed for front line managers, engineers or executives who are involved in the development and implementation of Poka Yoke as part of their quality and profitability improvement initiatives.
Note : Courses on Quick Changeover, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and 5S are available and may be of benefit for application in conjunction with Poka Yoke.
All Neville Clarke tutors are full time consultants and trainers. The tutor assigned is an experienced professional with practical application of Poka Yoke, who will be able to help you identify opportunities to error-proof processes and activities in your organization.
This is a one-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.