Lean Sigma is an improvement management system adopted by many enterprises to realize the vision of operational excellence and gain an additional competitive edge. For organisations that are non-manufacturing based, it is essential to adapt the Lean and Six Sigma tools so that they are relevant and effective for the service and transactional types of processes. This training program is designed for participants who are expected to play the Green Belts roles, as functional change agents, in Lean Sigma implementation in non-manufacturing organisations.
The objective of this training program is to equip participants from the service industry with a comprehensive skill set for analysing and improving processes using the integrated Lean Sigma approach. Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Work with functional management to set up process improvement projects.
- Lead a project team to execute improvement projects within the function.
- Apply the tools learned in day-to-day works.
Participants will be able to:
- Achieve breakthrough results through the application of the structured DMAIC methodology in solving functional problems.
- Apply quantitative techniques to make effective fact-based decisions.
- Display the linkage between projects and desired departmental goals.
- Lead subject matter experts within the organization to increase functional group efficiency.
- Manage & facilitate improvement project teams within their functional groups.
- Lead & manage change within their own functional groups.
- Communicate effectively within the organization.
Week 1: Define, Measure and Analyse (5 days)
- Service Lean Sigma Overview
- The DMAIC Improvement Process
- Service Value Stream Mapping – Current State
- Leading Project Team
- Data Collection Plan
- Introduction to Minitab
- Descriptive Statistics
- Graphical Tools
- Process Capability Analysis
- Functional Process Mapping
- Process Analysis
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Process Variation Reduction
- Hypothesis Testing
Week 2: Improve & Control (4 days)
- Solution Identification, Evaluation and Implementation Planning
- Process Redesign
- 5S Workplace Organization & Visual Management
- Initializing Flow
- Process Control & Standardization
- Variable Control Charts
- Attribute Control Charts
- Poka Yoke
This training program is suitable for process owners who are tasked with the management to play the Green Belt role in the Lean Sigma deployment program.
Green Belt Certification Requirements
Training (Certificate of Attendance)
- Completion of Green Belt Training with a minimum attendance of 80% per phase.
To be awarded with the Certified Service Lean Sigma Green Belt Certificate, the participant will need to pass the tests at the end of each training phase and to demonstrate the ability to apply the techniques through:
- Completion of Lean Sigma Green Belt Training with a minimum attendance of 90% per phase
- Passing the Neville Clarke LSGB Certification Exam with the minimum score of 70%
- Completion of 1 Lean Sigma Green Belt project
- Completion of final report on the project and reviewed by Neville Clarke’s panel of assessors
- Project savings / benefits achieved to be validated and endorsed by finance / senior management of the participant’s organisation, as real gains
- Each Green Belt candidate will be given a validity of 6 months from completion of the training, to complete the Lean Sigma project
All Neville-Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
9 days (2 sessions of 5 + 4 days)
**Note: MINITABTM software will be the official software used during the training.