Internal audit is fundamental to all management system standards as it is a means to establish status of conformity. However, with the latest update on the management system standards based on Annex SL, the emphasis has shifted to risk and performance. With this shift, an auditor has to change its perception of an audit - understand not only how to audit a system based on the requirements of the standard but also at the same time understand how an organization addresses its risks to achieve its expected performance.
Results of internal audits provide particularly useful information to management to continually improve its management system. The quality of the results depends mainly on the competency of the auditors. This course provides delegates with an understanding of how to conduct an audit on management system based on ISO 9001:2015 focusing on the organization’s risk approach and its performance.
This course is in line with ISO 19011, the guidance standard on auditing. This course is particularly designed for new auditors but can also be attended by experienced auditors who need to re-fresh their auditing skills.
To provide delegates with:
- basic understanding of auditing protocols and the audit process based on the ISO 19011 guidelines for auditing management systems
- practical knowledge and skills necessary to plan, conduct and report an internal audit
- the competency necessary to conduct an audit of an ISO 9001:2015 quality management system.
Upon completion of the training, delegates will have the confidence to perform their role as auditors from planning to reporting and conducting follow-up, including attaining the following knowledge and skills:
- Understand the audit process and terminology
- Understand how to establish audit plan and checklists
- Understand how to collect audit evidences relevant to the standard
- Understand how to audit the process, risk and performance of a quality management system
- Competency to write up the audit findings
The training is activity-based and includes an audit, either a simulated audit for public training or live audit for in-house training. The course contents have been developed in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for auditing management systems.
- Opening and introduction
- Overview of internal auditing
- ISO 9001 fundamentals for auditors
- Understanding of process approach, risk and performance
- Pre-Audit Preparation
- Conducting the Audit
- Reporting the audit and follow-up
- Auditor briefing
- Simulated/Live Audit Workshop
- Auditing selected processes
- Auditor review and report preparation
- Presentation of findings & debrief
This training is intended for those who are appointed to be internal auditors.
As an internal audit involves all processes of the management system and personnel of various levels within the organization, this course is suitable for delegates from various functions and levels, especially those who are:
- assigned to perform the internal audits
- appointed to organize the audit programme
- tasked to train or guide other internal auditors in their organization.
It is recommended that delegates have knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 standard prior to attending this audit training.
All Neville Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirements of your industry.
This is a two-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm