Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out. -Stephen Covey
Good managers maximise time, talent and resources to raise profits and morale. However, management is not easy and people management, in particular, does not come naturally to all. This course helps all managers, whether new to the task or seeking to enhance their effectiveness, to increase the achievements of their team.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- identify the key attributes of an effective manager and identify their own areas for improvement
- map their responsibilities, key support and communication lines
- set and achieve personal effectiveness targets
- use management tools to effectively delegate and manage workload
- manage a team to achieve results
- identify effective methods of delegation and balancing a manager’s workload
- learn the principles of leading and managing teams
- implement performance management techniques to recognise talent and set SMART targets for staff.
This is a participatory and practical course that uses a variety of teaching and learning methodologies, including accelerated learning. Participants will engage in experiential learning to discover strategies that can be implemented in their workplace. They can expect to engage in discussions, real-plays and coaching sessions.
All Neville Clarke facilitators are full time consultants, learning practitioners and trainers. The trainer assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirements of your industry.
This is a two-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.