The new IATF 16949: 2016 has chosen to improve the quality of audit performed through internal and supplier audit processes through enhanced requirements for auditor competency. It has also explicitly spelled out the requirements for minimum competency to be demonstrated by first and second party auditors
Process Approach with Risk-Based Thinking auditing technique is the new paradigm in the audit arena. This unique approach emphasizes the need for auditors to look for effectiveness of processes rather than departmental procedure conformity. The added risk-based thinking requires the auditors to look at the potential risks or opportunities within the quality management system (QMS).
This course is he training modules that is specially designed to meet the auditor competency requirements of IATF16949. This course provides delegates with a detailed understanding of the audit requirements, concepts, role and responsibility of the IATF16949 auditor. The proven automotive process approach with the risk-based thinking methodology in preparing and conducting an internal audit is the highlight of this training. In addition, participants shall learn how to use this methodology in planning and conducting internal audit on the automotive industry core tools (e.g. APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC & FMEA).
- Understanding of Automotive process-approach auditing methodology with risk-based thinking
- How to plan and audit Core Tools (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC and MSA)
- Understanding & application of auditing skills and techniques
- Planning, conducting and reporting on an internal audit performed against the requirements of IATF 16949
- Process Approach Auditing with Risk-Based Thinking methodology that is aligned with the automotive industry requirements
- Meet most of the customer requirements on auditor competency.
- Focus on key processes effectiveness and efficiency, including risks & opportunities
- Significant reduction in audit time, which reduces the stress on auditees.
Module 1: Process Approach Audit
- The Evolution – Automotive Quality Management System
- Introduction to Auditing
- Automotive Process Approach with Risk-Based Thinking in Auditing
- Audit Planning
- Conduct the Audit – Application of Turtle diagrams
- Reporting the Audit – Writing nonconformance report
- Post Audit Actions
Module 2: Core Tools for Auditors
- The Overview of Core Tools
- 5 phase of APQP
- Introduction to PPAP
- PPAP Submission Requirements
- Introduction to FMEA
- Design FMEA & Process FMEA
- Introduction to SPC
- Variable Control Charts Explained
- Attribute Control Charts Explained
- Process Capability Study
- Introduction to MSA
- Stability, Bias and Linearity Study
- Variable GR&R & Attribute GR&R
Note: A written knowledge examination is included in each module.
This course is designed for all managers, executive and quality professionals who need to perform internal audits and/ or supplier audit to be equipped with a thorough understanding of the IATF 16949 process approach with risk-based thinking internal audit requirements. The course is therefore suitable for anyone who may become involved in the certification, maintenance and auditing of the quality management system.
All Neville Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
This is a four-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
||Quality Excellence Through Layered Process Audits (LPA)
||VDA 6.3 Process Audit (3rd Edition, 2016)
||Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
||Potential Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (PFMEA)
||Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
||Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Control Plan & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
||ISO/TS 16949 Core Tools Training for Internal Auditors
||Automotive Core Tools for Practitioners (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA)
||IATF 16949: 2016 Lead Auditor Training
||IATF 16949:2016 Process Approach Audit for First and Second Party Auditor
||Automotive Core Tools for Auditors (APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA)
||Rish-Based Thinking for Automotive Supply Chain
||IATF 16949: 2016 Lead Auditor Re-qualification Training for First and Second Party Auditors