Audit is a fundamental requirement to management systems as it is the means to verify conformity and effectiveness of the system. One of the methods to verify conformity of the supplier is by conducting supplier auditing.
Supplier Auditing is also a method for verifying the supplier’s practices, products or services and documentation for compliance against product or service regulatory requirements, customer specific requirements or agreed standards.
This course has been designed to
- To provide an understanding of the fundamentals on supplier auditing
- To plan, conduct, report and follow up audit findings to ensure contractual requirements between the supplier and the customers have been met
- Focus on auditing as value-adding process that ensures service or products supplied by the supplier meet the agreed requirements and regulatory requirements
- Introduction to Supplier Auditing
- Quality terminology and definition
- Supplier Management
- The audit life cycle
- Key objectives and features of Supplier auditing
- Role of the Lead Auditor and the Auditors
- Requirements for auditing
- ISO 9001:2008 QMS
- Requirements for suppliers
- Planning the Audit
- Auditing the Documented system
- Process based auditing
- The audit plan
- The audit checklist
- The opening meeting
- Auditor skills and techniques
- Conducting the audit
- The audit report
- The closing meeting
- Exercise : Preparation of the closing meeting agenda and speech
- Follow-up on audits
This training is designed for individuals who seek to understand basic communication media and how it can be applied in various situations for practical communication.
This is a two-day course running from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.