Everyone works with all kinds of commercially prepared substances or chemicals and rarely do we consciously expose ourselves to substances that are hazardous. We naively believe that as long as the substance is in a sealed container, it won’t hurt the environment or us. But substances do not just sit there, they have to be handled, stored, processed and residuals have to be disposed of.
These activities can and do expose us and the environment to potential risk. The better we understand the potential risk, the more effectively it can be managed to prevent pollution, prevent personal harm and ill-health arising from substances hazardous to health and the environment.
Every organization shall handle the hazardous chemicals effectively in accordance with the NEW regulations, i.e. OSH (CLASS) Regulations 2013, which enforced by Department of Safety and Health (DOSH) since October 2013
This training aims to provide delegates:
- the types of chemical hazards, overview of chemical risk assessment and management;
- the handling, storage and disposal methods of hazardous chemical substances, including the necessary precautions; in accordance to the regulatory requirements;
- an understanding of the purpose and contents of safety data sheet (SDS)
Upon completion of the training, delegates will be able to:
- recognise types of hazardous chemicals use in the organisation;
- classify types of hazardous chemicals use in the organisation;
- decide proper handling, storage and disposal methods for hazardous chemicals; and
- decide proper protection and precaution measures when spill or accidental release of hazardous chemicals occurs.
This course will benefit all individuals in organizations that handling hazardous chemicals. It is equally beneficial for EMS and OH&S Working Committee, managers engineers, executives and personnel involved in environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Management System in the organisation.