Lean Sigma Black Belts are breakthrough leaders who harmonize the use of Lean & Six Sigma methodologies to resolve operational issues and improve process performance, which have not been able to achieve through the singular use of Lean or Six Sigma. Thus, a critical resource for the successful implementation of Lean Sigma is the rigorous DMAIC improvement methodology and the effective applications of powerful tools.
With the equivalent rhythm and rigor as the full Black Belt program, this upgrade training is designed to advance qualified Green Belt to Black Belt level with an in-depth understanding cum skills of both Lean & Six Sigma concepts, methods and tools that are necessary to achieve breakthrough improvement in critical to business processes.
To advance Green Belts to Black Belts in analysing and improving processes using the Lean Sigma approach. Upon completion of this training, the participants will be able to:
- Work with management to set up process improvement projects.
- Lead project teams to execute improvement projects.
- Serve as mentors to improvement project teams lead by Green Belts.
- Disseminate and apply Lean Sigma principles, methodologies and tools in the organization.
Participants will be able to:
- Utilise the structured DMAIC methodology in solving functional problems with breakthrough results.
- Apply quantitative techniques to make effective fact-based decisions.
- Demonstrate the linkages between projects and desired business results.
- Lead subject matter experts to increase customer satisfaction levels & business efficiency.
- Manage & facilitate effective improvement project teams across the organization.
- Lead & manage cross-functional changes in their organization.
- Achieve breakthrough results through the application of creative & critical thinking to organizational problems.
- Communicate effectively to all levels in the organization.
BSI Neville Clarke is an IASSC ACCREDITED TRAINING ORGANIZATION for Certified Lean Sigma Green Belt and Certified Lean Sigma Black Belt courses. The only method to earn an IASSC certification is to successfully sit for and pass an official IASSC certification™ exam. We do / upon request, administer or provide access to IASSC Certification exams for no additional cost.
Phase 1: Define, Measure and Analyze
- Value Stream Mapping II
- Future State Mapping, Value Stream Improvement Plan
- Process Mapping
- Flowchart, Cross Functional Mapping, Relationship Mapping
- Leading Effective Team
- Leadership Skills, Team Development Stages, RACI Chart, Team Effectiveness
- Measurement System Analysis II
- Precision & Accuracy, Bias & Linearity, Stability, Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility
- Process Capability Study II
- Capability Analysis, Attribute & Discrete Capability
- Variation Reduction Process
- Principles of Variation, Process Variation Reduction Steps
- Hypothesis Testing II
- Power & Sample Size, Paired t-Test
- Analysis of Variance II
- Random & Fixed Effect, Crossed & Nested Design
- Work Engineering Study
- Method Study, Work Measurement, Standard Time, Preferred Method
- Smooth Flow Manufacturing
- Flow Orientation, One-Piece Flow, Cell Manufacturing, Flow Pattern
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- Job Instruction, Job Method, Job Relation
- Quick Changeover (SMED)
- Changeover Time, 6 Steps of Quick Changeover
Phase 2: Analyze, Improve and Control
- Introduction to DOE
- Experiment Objectives, Experimental Methods
- Planning for Effective Experiment
- Experiment Design Considerations
- Full Factorial Design
- 2k Full Factorial Design, Balanced & Orthogonal Design, Factorial Plots, Center Point
- Fractional Factorial Design
- 2k-1 Fractional Factorial Design, Confounding Effects, Experimental Resolution
- Screening & Modelling of Experiments
- Screening for Significant Factors, Fit & Diagnose Model, Linear & Quadratic Mathematical Models
- Response Surface Methodoligy
- Central Composite Design, Box-Behnken Design, RSM Approach
- Additional DOE Techniques
- Gray Code Sequence, Fold-over Design, Taguchi Robust Design
- Load Leveling (Heijunka)
- Concept of Load Leveling, Loading, Sequencing
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- 8 Pillars of TPM, Overall Equipment Effectiveness
MINITAB software will be the official software used during the training.
This enrichment training program is designed for any current Lean Sigma Green Belts whom wanted to pursue a higher degree of Lean Sigma expertise.
- Candidate must have attended Lean Sigma Green Belt Training conducted by BSI Neville Clarke and have already achieved ICGB.
- For candidate not previously trained under BSI Neville Clarke and not achieved ICGB, a Lean Sigma knowledge assessment will apply before course commencement. (Note: It is compulsory for candidates to pass this assessment)
Lean Sigma Black Belt Certification Requirements
Training (Certificate of Attendance)
- Completion of Upgrading to Lean Sigma Black Belt Training with a minimum attendance of 90% per phase.
IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam*
The IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ICBB) Exam is a 4 hour 150 question proctored exam based on the IASSC Universally Accepted Lean Six Sigma Body of Knowledge for Black Belts. The Exam contains approximately 30 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the ILSSBOK for Black Belts.
In order to achieve this accredited designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB) from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification candidates must sit for the IASSC Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Exam and achieve a minimum score of 580 points out of a total potential of 750 points.
*The Certification Exam to be scheduled separately within 2 weeks after the 9 days of Upgrading to LSBB training
*In order to maintain the professional designation of IASSC Certified Black Belt (ICBB), candidates must sit for the IASSC Recertification Exam every 3 years
All BSI Neville Clarke tutors are full time. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
9 days (training will be divided into 2 Phases; Phase 1 & Phase 2), excluding the LSBB Certification Exam to be scheduled within 2 weeks after the training