Calibration is the prerequisite of a good measurement system that generate accurate and consistent measurements. This course covers the essentials of setting up an effective Calibration System that meets the practicality of a good measurement system as well as meeting the requirements of Quality Management System standards and good quality assurance practices.
The training emphasizes the use of factual approach to accelerate the learning of the participants to understand, plan and implement a cost effective calibration system in the organization.
This program aims to help delegates :
- Understand the requirements for Calibration for quality assurance and for compliance to quality management system standards.
- Appraise and identify the company’s calibration requirements.
- Determine the right calibration frequency.
- Develop an in-house cost-effective calibration program.
- Understand the requirements for calibration certificates that conform to ISO/IEC 17025 general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Upon completion of this programme, delegates are able to:
- To appreciate and understand the basics of calibration requirements and principles.
- To establish and implement the right calibration program that both maximizes the returns to the organization investment and conforms to the quality management system requirements.
- Seamless integration of the calibration process into the organization’s management system.
Introduction to Calibration and the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- What is Calibration?
- Why Calibrate?
Understanding of measurement terminology
- What is Metrology?
- Understanding Measurement Error, Accuracy and Precision, Limits of Permissible Errors
- Understanding Repeatability and Reproducibility
Developing & implementing effective calibration program
- Understanding Factors affecting calibration program
- Understanding Safeguard Calibration Integrity
- Understanding Storage and Handling of Monitoring and Measuring Equipment
Environmental conditions for calibration
- Understanding environmental conditions
- Understanding effects of environmental conditions
How to determine calibration frequency
- Implications of over-calibration and under-calibration
- Understanding guidelines to determine calibration frequency
- Understanding Calibration Recall Methods
- Understanding measurement uncertainty
- The steps to evaluate measurement uncertainty
How to verify calibration certificate / report
- Why calibration certificate needs to be verified
- The minimum requirements included in the calibration certificate
- The minimum retention period for calibration certificate
Disposition of equipment and product when out-of-tolerance
- Understanding reasons for nonconforming Monitoring and Measuring Equipment
- Control of nonconforming Monitoring and Measuring Equipment
- Disposition of nonconforming Monitoring and Measuring Equipment
This course is designed for front-line managers, engineers, executives and supervisors who are involved in the development and implementation of their organizations’ equipment calibration system, a vital part of all quality assurance and management system initiatives.
All Neville-Clarke tutors are full time consultants, auditors and trainers. The tutor assigned is always an experienced professional with practical application of the subject matter, who will be able to understand and meet the unique requirement of your industry.
This is a two-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Scientific Calculator is required