Organizations today grapple with rising operational costs, increasingly demanding customers, variation in demands and short lead times. What the organization needs today is the agility and flexibility to cater to ever changing customer needs while at the same time focusing its resources on value-added products and services that are sought after by customers.
AGILE PRODUCTION WITH VALUE ADD PRINCIPLES – That is what Lean is about. Lean provides the solution to many of the above challenges. Manufacturers, healthcare providers, financial institution, airlines, software developers and service providers around the world have found the Lean approach to be effective in transforming their organizations to a different level of effectiveness and efficiency while meeting customer needs without cutting back on quality and performance.
This training will provide participants with a comprehensive overview of the PRINCIPLES, ROADMAP and TECHNIQUES vital to transform a traditional organization to a Lean one. In addition, participants would have hands-on learning experience on how it is possible ‘To Do More with Less, through the Relentless Elimination of Wasteful Practices and Non-Value-Added Activities’ and thereby, achieve what is valued – good business results!
Special note to Automotive Industry Manufacturers: As per the IATF 16949:2016 requirements clause 7.1.31, organizations that intend to be certified to IATF 16949:2016 are required to practice synchronous material flow and total productive maintenance, which are among the key principles of Lean manufacturing. Therefore, this programme provides a good foundation into the understanding of Lean and how it is applied to comply to the requirements of the standard.
This programmes aims to :
- Explain what is Lean, its purpose and benefits
- Provide an overview of how the Lean methodology can bring the organization towards business excellence
- Explain how various types of wastes impact operations and profitability
- Introduce the various types of tools to eliminate specific wastes
- Provide an understanding of the value stream and the mapping methods
Upon completion of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Comprehend the concept and principles of Lean
- Identify opportunities for waste elimination in their organisations
- Grasp what a Value Stream is and be able to chart the current and ideal future state Value Stream
- Identify lean improvement opportunities and project priorities
- Re-design their Value Streams and be focused on value-added activities.
This programme brings across the understanding of Lean through theory and hands-on application of the concepts and tools learnt. The programme includes classroom sessions, group discussion, a simulation activity and group workshop sessions.
- Introduction to Lean
- Why should organisations go Lean
- The 7 Operational Wastes
- Workshop #1: Identify the 7 Wastes
- Principles to Lean Transformation
- Overview of Lean Tools and Techniques
- Lean Success Stories
- Workshop #2 : Lean Simulation Activity
- This is a simulation activity that enables the participant to experience first-hand how Lean can improve productivity, efficiency and profits for an organization.
- Value Stream – unlocking your process
- Value Stream mapping techniques
- Learning to See
- Workshop #3: Current State Value Stream*
- Improving the Current State to the Future State
- Workshop #4: Future Value Stream*
- Project prioritization
- Performance Metrics from the Value Stream
* This workshop is a group activity where the participants are required to analyse a case study and identify the opportunities for Lean improvement. They will experience the use of the “Learning to See” method of Value Stream Mapping.
This training is suitable for personnel who are responsible for productivity, quality and/or efficiency improvement in their organizations. Managers, Engineers, Process Owners, Process Improvement Teams, Supervisors and Executives who are tasked to manage and improve operational processes will find this programme informative and invaluable.
All Neville-Clarke tutors are full-time consultants and trainers. The tutor assigned is an experienced professional who has years of experience working with organisations to successfully implement Lean in their daily operations. They are able to share their experiences and provide practical advice on issues that are encountered during Lean implementation in the organization.
This is a 2-day course running from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.